Celebrate your community’s success and enter your brownfields reuse project into EPA Region 3's second ever Mid-Atlantic Brownfields People’s Choice Reuse Award Competition!
Competition Entry Guidelines
- Applicants must be able to present in-person at the EPA Region 3 Open House at the 2023 National Brownfields Conference on Tuesday, August 8 from 2:30-4:00 PM in Detroit, MI.
- Projects must be located in Region 3 and have used EPA brownfield funds.
- Projects must have been completed and in reuse between December 2019 and August 2023.
- The applicable information presented (such as redevelopment start date, leveraged funds, jobs created, acres of reuse etc.) should also be reflected in ACRES by July 28, 2023.
- Conference attendees who attend the EPA Region 3 Open House will vote on their favorite project after presentations to determine the winner.
- Applicants must follow submission requirements as listed below.
Selection Criteria for Voters
- Magnitude of the problems and project
- Use of innovative techniques
- Cooperative efforts of multiple parties to undertake the project, including financing solutions
- Positive impact on the environment (e.g., green buildings, greenways, energy use)
- Project’s general and long-term impacts on the community
- Send your project summary using the project summary template to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14, 2023.
- Submit a maximum of five PowerPoint slides by July 21, 2023 to email@example.com. Your project presenter will have three minutes to present at the Region 3 Open House. Before and after photos are a big plus. Provide the name, title, and contact info of the project presenter as well.