The US EPA’s Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB) Program provides technical assistance to communities and stakeholders to help address their brownfield sites, and to increase their understanding and involvement in brownfields cleanup, revitalization and reuse.
WVU TAB provides these services throughout EPA Region 3:
- West Virginia
- Washington, DC
WVU TAB staff and partners are available to educate stakeholders on the brownfield redevelopment process including:
- How to identify a brownfield
- Site reuse planning options
- Ways to engage the community on the project
- The impacts the sites have on public health
- The types and reasons for the different kinds of assessment
- The EPA Brownfield funding sources available for projects
WVU TAB services are free to communities and stakeholders throughout the region.